How often do you sit down with a pen and paper, do a little assessment of the different areas of your life and see what needs some planning or figuring out?
Maybe you need a strategy for organising your home, getting into a fitness routine, having more fun with your partner or friends, or doing more things just for you? Family life may flow easier if you spend a little time creating some written rules or charts so you can stop the nagging. Perhaps you have a business idea swirling around in your head, but you never take the time to explore it properly?
When you’re constantly caught up in the day to day whirlwind of life, you fall into bed every night without any chance for planning or reflection. Then the next morning you start the whole crazy routine all over again! That’s why this date with yourself is so important.
Here’s How To Plan a Monthly Project Me Date With Yourself
- Schedule it in. Ink a time and date into your calendar as if it’s an important appointment you can’t miss. Because it is.
- Find a quiet spot, either at home or in the corner of a cozy cafe.
- Use the Project Me Life Wheel® to do an assessment of your 8 Key Life Areas. This will flag up any areas that need some focused attention.
- Grab other Action Sheets like the Challenge Solver, Magic Matrix, Fitness Planner, Meal Planners, or Chores Chart. These tools make it quick and easy for you to get started.
- Use a dedicated Project Me notebook or journal to capture your thoughts and hash out those plans. Out of your head and onto paper!
- Schedule in your date for next month so you don’t forget. Once you get into a habit of it, it’s a date you’ll never want to miss.
It’s too easy to spend your downtime getting sucked into social media or mindlessly surfing the web. Having a monthly Project Me Date With Yourself will help you feel more organised and on top of life. You’ll become a pro problem solver and the expert of you and your family.
Once you get on top of the day to day stuff, you’ll have more headspace to dig deeper into your goals, dreams and future plans. You’ll get to know yourself better and understand what brings out your best version of you.
So, when’s that first date with yourself going to be?
In the comments below share your take-aways from this post. When are you going to schedule it in that first hot date with yourself?
To receive the Project Me Life Wheel®, pop your name and email into the box below. (I’ll never share your details with anyone.)
The results of your wheel will give you a starting point for what steps to take next.
I’m passionate about helping you find a happier balance. Take this free gift – and let me know how it works for you.
Mixing practicality with self-awareness, Kelly helps mothers get on top of their endless to-do’s, set goals and improve their lives one small step at a time.
Grab her free Life Wheel Tool for discovering what needs your focus first.